9.28.2008

we're gonna have a tv party tonight (alright)

I have to say, while I love where I live, I can't believe my cable provider does not have Turner Classic Movies in their basic lineup. WTF? I move one town over and I miss out?

I had to sit at my parents' house last week just to catch Night of the Hunter. And apparently, this morning I missed Bringing Up Baby. And Silent Movie Sunday? No more!

You know, I don't ask for much. I could do without the MTVs and the VH1s and all that nonsense. I don't need to watch famewhores eat tarantulas for money. Or spoiled brats throwing a hissyfit when they don't get the silver mercedes they wanted. And I especially don't need to see Tyra saying, "Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model" for like the bazillionth time (Although that would make for a fantastic drinking game).

Meh, I could go on a rant about how TV isn't good anymore, or cinema for that matter, but it really isn't that bad. You just have to search through the muck.

No comments: