8.10.2008

hang the blessed dj

So THESE bitches are ruining it for girls like us. Huh.

Then again, who wants a jackass like Zach Braff's character in Garden State?

Now that I'm on the subject actually, can I just finally admit that I didn't really like that movie? I don't care how great the soundtrack was, or how everyone thought the script was so groundbreaking (it wasn't).

I just don't feel like the film is going to stand the test of time. It cashed in on a hipness that will only be relevant again twenty years from now, when our kids stumble upon the movie for a sense of nostalgia. The characters, to me, just aren't sympathetic. They're all quirk and no depth.

Fuck. I don't remember where I was going with this in the first place.

Some other things:

New Bauhaus: Really fucking good.

New Faint: Mediocre at best.

No comments: