2.05.2008

all I know is that my gut says maybe.

While waiting for the stinging, painful bleach on my head to process...

I voted this morning. And for the rest of the day, I was giddy. I don't know what it is about voting that makes me so... accomplished? I guess I feel accomplished. Or at the very least, I feel like I have contributed, that I have made an attempt to make a difference.

When I was much younger, and punker-than-thou, I might have believed that nothing could really make a difference. And on the flipside of that, when I was in college especially, I thought we had the potential to save the world.

...I guess I'm caught somewhere in between now. I know it's not much, but I like knowing that I've at least made an effort. NOT, underlined, not just so I can bitch about it when things go wrong... but who am I kidding? I probably will anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! Voting rules, it's not gonna save the world, one vote, but I'd like to say I contributed to my candidate's success!