2.18.2008

it's more fun to compute.

The best album to listen to on a dreary Monday morning is Kraftwerk's Computer World. If you like this sort of music (i.e., primitive electronic), it's beautiful enough to relax to, but not enough to put you to sleep. It has a very calming effect, enough to combat the blinding rage of having to be figuratively chained to your desk for eight hours a day, five days a week, doing repetitive, mindless tasks that sap your energy and creativity; mindless tasks a monkey could do, but for some reason it pays well enough that you might as well suffer.

I don't know what it is, but I've mentally checked out. No pop culture to be snarky about, nothing to really complain about (other than the above). I try not to complain about work in a public forum such as this, because I know it can come back to haunt you. But god. Kraftwerk is so perfect right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading one of my favorite webcomics today, and for some reason, something from the news post made me feel a whole lot better about life.

"Someday soon we’ll be able to spectrally image the surfaces of Earth-like extrasolar planets, which is way exciting. Space is on the verge of becoming an adventure again, Windows Vista is flopping, and Mario Kart will be out for the Wii soon. I think the future will be okay."

Also: if I ever write something vaguely appropriate for a guest column, you'll be the first to know.

Anonymous said...

Holy fuck, update:

I think I finally need to buy a Wii. That's gonna be so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought one because I know I'm going to like it way too much. It's going to make me stop going to class, drop out of school, and start selling my fluids for money. I can tell.

Ceci N'est Pas Kimmy T said...

Well, that's pretty much true. Super Mario Galaxy was my best friend for a while...